2012年11月24日 星期六

真高興,發表了第一篇 paper

 2012-11-25 14:17

真高興,有了初步的結果,第一篇 paper 被登出來了。
Chien-Chi Chen and Sheng-De Wang, "A Multi-Character Transition String Matching Architecture Based on Aho-Corasick Algorithm ", IJICIC Vol. 8, No. 12, 2012, pp. 8367-8386.

連結: http://www.ijicic.org/ijicic-11-09097.pdf
目錄: http://www.ijicic.org/vol-8(12).htm

Abstract
A hardware string matching architecture is usually used to accelerate string matching in various applications that need to lter content in high speed such as intrusion detection systems. However, the throughput of the hardware string matching architecture inspecting data character by character is limited by the achievable highest clock rate. In this paper, we present a string matching architecture based on the Aho-Corasick algorithm. The proposed architecture is able to inspect multiple characters simultaneously and the throughput of string matching can be multiplied. We rst describe an intuitive algorithm to construct a multi-character nite state machine (FSM) that accepts multiple characters per transition based on an Aho-Corasick prex tree (AC-trie). Then we propose an architecture for multi-character transition string matching consisting of multiple matching units for processing the transition rules that are generated from the derived multi-character FSM. The design of proposed architecture utilizes the properties of the failure links of an AC-trie to reduce the transition rules derived from the failure functions linked to the initial state. As a result, the state growth rate is moderate in the number of the derived multi-character transition rules as the number of the characters inspected at a time increases. The proposed architecture was implemented on an ASIC device for evaluation and the resulting throughput can achieve 4.5 Gbps for a 4-character
string matching implementation operated at 142 MHz clock.

Keywords: String matching, Finite state machine, Aho-Corasick algorithm


後記,後來這雜誌被 SCI 除名,這篇不計入畢業論文點數,但終究是我發表的第一篇英文 paper。

經典對白 -- The Score 鬼計神偷

 2012-11-25 09:44

(01:06:28 開始)
Listen, tell me something. Tell me something.
告訴我…

All the years you've been doing this...
你幹了這麼久,最大的賭注

what's the biggest gamble you ever took?

On the job. You know, biggest long shot.
或最大的風險是什麼?

I don't take long shots.
我從不冒險

I know you're careful. You know, I'm careful too.
我知道你很小心,我也是

That's not what I mean. I mean...
我是說你剛入行時

When you were starting out, when you were just getting going...

you must have taken some fliers here and there.

Done something that was a little wild. I'm just curious.
一定也冒過險,做過瘋狂的事

Never took long shots.
我沒冒過險

I'm gonna say something to you.
我奉勸你一件事

You're smart, you're talented and you know a few things...
你很聰明,也很有才華

but talent means nothing if you don't make the right choices.
但若你只會鋌而走險 有才華也沒用

There's talented people out there who never see daylight anymore.
很多高手都沒有好下場

Last thing, it takes discipline..., because this whole game is one big long shot...
你想幹這一行就要能夠自律

and if you don't have the discipline to stay away from the fliers...
如果你想一步登天或賭運氣

or from the gambles or whatever else you wanna call a stupid move...

then, my friend, I'm afraid to say, one day you will go down.
你只要走錯一步路,我告訴你

It's inevitable.
你的下場一定會很慘

You want my advice?
你要我的建議?

Make a list of everything you want now...
把你要的東西列出來

and plan on spending the next 25 years of your life getting it.
計劃如何在25年內得到它們

Slowly, piece by piece.
一點一滴地累積

I see what you're sayin'.
我瞭解你的意思

But still, I'm lookin' at you, and you got all this already...
不過我看你已經擁有這些

and you're sittin' here with me, workin' with a partner...
你卻還跟我干最後一票

in the city where you live, on a job that's gotten more complicated...
這一票比你想像的更複雜

than you thought it was gonna be.

So I know you're still takin' a shot at something.
一定有什麼值得你冒險

I gotta go.
我得走了

See ya tomorrow.
明天見

網誌存檔